Welcome, I am sharing my first recipe with you all and have chosen to start with strawberry jam. I love to experiment with different flavours and I’m sure I will also share these soon. Give it a go and let me know what you think.
Cook time: 90 minutes | Serves: 8-10 8oz/200ml jars
- 1kg Strawberries
- 500g Sugar
- 24g Pectin (check instructions as quantity varies from brand to brand)
- 2 tsp vanilla paste or 1 vanilla pod
Method for Strawberry Jam
- Boil strawberries and sugar together.
- Sterilise jars in oven on 160 degrees for 5-10 minutes.
- Boil the jam for a few more minutes, then add the pectin. Whisk this immediately to avoid lumps.
- Pour into steralised jars and seal the lid immediately.
Perfect topping for your toast in the mornings. You could treat yourself to some scones, or maybe bake a victoria sponge cake. You could even make a hamper.
I would love to see your creations. Tag me @graceskakes so I can check it out 🙂
I hope you enjoy my strawberry jam recipe. Grace’s Kakes is a small business based in Our Kitchen in Beckenham. I am available to make cakes for all occassions. Please feel free to drop a comment below with recipe requests.